Every website design begins with a discussion about the project. A phone call is best and Unbranded Space provides a free 15-minute phone discussion where we can get to know a little about your business and website needs. We can sometimes provide “ballpark” estimates, but the complexity of the site will be a factor in whether or not this can be done over the phone. The kind of questions we might ask are:
- Describe your business and the goods/services it provides.
- How do you see the website benefiting your business?
- What is your Market reach? ie. Do you sell locally, nationally or globally?
- Do you have a set budget in mind? It doesn’t matter if you don’t, but it can save time in determining what features we might recommend for your website
- Do you need us to write the copy (text information) for the website?
- Do you need us to design your branding (ie. logo) and/or brand guide for your business?
Sometimes it may be necessary for an extended meeting, and this might be the case if the requirements for the site are unique. We can travel to meet clients within the Great Southern, or arrange an online video conference where distance is prohibitive to travel.
We Will Provide a Detailed Proposal & Plan
The proposal we send will provide a clear outline of the project brief and what services we are providing and the deliverables for each service. If you are providing us with content such as written copy or images then the proposal will provide you with instructions on how to do this. The proposal will also provide costings and a project timeline with an estimated completion date.
Our proposals are a simple-to-follow, but informative document that will leave you will little doubt about what you will need to do, what the outcomes are for your website and the quality of service that Unbranded Space will be providing you. You will have an opportunity to provide feedback and request changes, and it is only when you have approved the proposal will we send out a deposit invoice and final contract for signing.
We Include You In the Decision Making
As we design your website there are a number of stages where you will have an opportunity to provide feedback. This is largely determined by the size of the website and the services we are providing. During each of these phases, you will have the opportunity to provide feedback. A typical website project might include the following phases:
- A Content development phase
- A Design phase
- A Testing phase
- Launch Phase – where the site is published.
During each of these phases, we invite our clients to provide feedback so that they can feel involved and be sure about the direction the website is taking.